Acculube is the Region's Leader
in DEF Urea-based Catalyst
DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) can be delivered to you immediately, along with everything you need to use it to your best advantage.
DEF reduces NOx pollutants in diesel, dual fuel, and lean-burn natural gas exhausts.
It is consumed at a rate of 2-4% of diesel fuel and will immediately produce a fuel savings of
approximately 4% for the average truck. EPA has mandated that all on-road diesel vehicles
manufactured in 2010 and later must be equipped with technology to reduce NOx emissions,
and DEF from Acculube makes this transition simple and straightforward.
Acculube's DEF has earned high marks for purity and performance
Acculube DEF is 32.5% automotive grade urea, and 67.5% water. It is injected into the exhaust and
works with exhaust heat and a catalyst, to convert NOx into nitrogen and water vapor, which are
released harmlessly into the air.
This SCR technology from Acculube chemically reduces the NOx output of the exhaust gas after
the diesel particulate filter. Because this occurs following combustion, it allows the engine design
to be modified for maximized fuel efficiency, lowering EGR rates and thus increasing the in-cylinder
oxygen content which can lower engine particulate output. Less particulate also reduces the fuel
used for soot regeneration cycle. Plus, all engines run cooler with DEF, because fuel is not wasted
as heat. As a result, engines operate at higher efficiencies, and fleet owners save money.
A truck with 7 mpg fuel economy will improve to 7.28 mpg - an immediate fuel economy savings of 4%.
Assuming 120,000 miles on the road each year, fuel consumption drops from 17,143 to 16,484.
(659 fewer gallons are used.)
DEF from Acculube is a solid, win-win solution for fleet owners:
- Stable fluid will not separate & is not impacted by freezing and thawing.
- It is not flammable & not a pollutant.
- DEF is not listed by any US or Canadian transit authority as a hazardous material.
- It does not pose any risk to people, animals, the environment, or equipment.
- DEF has a long shelf life: 36 months when maintained at 50°F, 18 months at less than 77°F,
a full year when maintained at temperatures under 86°F. (Temporary exposure to high temperatures
has little or no impact on DEF.)
- It has only a mild odor.
- It weighs just 9.10 lb / gallon, and ships Class 14 as an environmentally-friendly fluid.
- It is simple to handle and primarily involves meeting ISO 22241 standards, and using dedicated
dispensing equipment and closed connectors.
- Available in bulk, totes, drums or 2.5 gallon containers.
- Economical and easy to use.